Cool book, I hadn’t really read many short stories before these. My favorites would have to be :
- The Mournful Cry of Owls by Christopher Golden. It had a really interesting story line. There should definitely be a series made from the main characters life.
- Twilight by Kelley Armstrong. About a Vampire dealing with her mortality, and what she has to do every year to stay “alive.” It was a different take on Vamps then usual. Really good.
- Grave Robbed by P.N. Elrod. A fun story about a widow being taken advantage of by a conniving medium, and her sister getting a local Vampire to help her see the truth.
- The First Day Of the Rest Of Your Life by Rachel Caine. One of the best plots in the book. A town where all the Vampires own certain groups of humans. When the humans turn 18, they have to sign over their lives to the vampires. Another short story I wouldn’t mind reading a whole series on.
- The Witch And The Wicked by Jeanne C. Stein. Really different and funny. A dead vampires ashes are used in a witches home-made youth remedy, and weirdness follows.
- The Wish by Carolyn Haines. Short and sweet. A sad story about a mother loosing her children and her revenge on death.
- Fire and Ice and Linguini for Two by Tate Hallaway. I’m really happy there’s an actual series about these characters, it was a fun read. A Vampire and his girlfriend (who is also a witch) are planning to go out for his birthday dinner , when they run into a weather daemon.
- Vampire Hours by Elaine Viets. Revenge story about a woman , who’s husband treats her like crap. He has a younger girlfriend and is planning a divorce. The wife meets a “man” who has all the answers to her problems.
- How Stella Got Her Grave Back by Toni L.P. Kelner. Really good story, cool plotline. It didn’t feel like the author was dragging on the story, it had a great ending. One of my favorites!
(review from October 15,2009)